Mersey Tunnels Free Travel Concession
Due to the need to see original documents and evidence, concessionary applicants cannot apply via our website.
You can apply for the Mersey Tunnels Free Travel Concession if:-
- You receive the highest rate of mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance;
- Or, if you are over 65 and receive the highest rate of Attendance Allowance;
- Or, you receive the mobility supplement of a war pension.
The criteria are listed on the application form which may be printed or
Applications should be made by post to Merseytravel, PO Box 1976, Liverpool L69 3HN. Application forms may be
printed from this page or alternatively you may request an application pack by calling 0151-330-1702 during office hours (8.00 a.m.
to 8.00 p.m., Monday to Friday).
Personal applications can be made to any MerseyTravel Centre, however,
it should be noted that the concessionary Fast Tag will not be
processed immediately. Once processed your tag will be sent out to you by post.
Conditions of Issue
- The Fast Tag can only be used in the vehicle you nominated on your application form.
- You must travel through an ATTENDED toll booth to receive the free journey. If you use an automatic lane your Fast Tag will not work and you will have to pay the toll for the journey.
- The Fast Tag can only be used by you, the Concession holder. You must carry your personal identity pass and be travelling in your nominated vehicle.
- You must show your Disabled Persons (Blue) Badge to Merseytravel staff if they ask.
- You must not use this Fast Tag in vehicles being used for carrying passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- If you change your nominated vehicle then you should let us know. Please phone us on 0151 330 1702. You will not be allowed free travel until your new vehicle is registered with us.
- If you have not told us that you have changed your vehicle you will have to pay the full toll.
- The Fast Tag issued to you as part of this concessionary travel scheme remains the property of Mersytravel and must be returned to us if we ask. If it is lost or stolen, we will charge you a fee to replace it.
- The number of journeys you have left for the year, and how many journeys you have used so far, can be checked on our website at www.merseytunnels.co.uk or by phoning 0151 330 1702.
- If you abuse the terms and conditions of this scheme or abuse any member of the Merseytravel staff we shall withdraw your Fast Tag without notice.